Last Updated September 16, 2015
About Your Privacy
We at Dudepins take privacy very seriously because your privacy is important to us. We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. This policy applies to any individual who access our site. This policy may change over time as we may add, change or remove portions when appropriate. Such changes become effective upon posting.
Our Ten Privacy Principles
1. Accountability – Dudepins is responsible for maintaining and protecting your personal information.
2. Identifying Purposes – Why we are collecting your personal information will be disclosed before or at the time of collection.
3. Consent – your consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except where the law provides an exemption
4. Limiting Collection – personal information we collect shall be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – your personal information shall only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented or required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes
6. Accuracy – We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary.
7. Safeguards – we shall protect your personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information
8. Openness – Dudepins will provide information about policies and procedures relating to safeguarding your personal information.
Why We Collect and Use Personal Information:
Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the services offered by the Site. While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates, agents, or other third parties.
Personal information may be used:
- to determine eligibility for services;
- to understand and assess your needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- for billing and accounting services relating to our services;
- for communication, service and administration;
- for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes; or
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including tax reporting requirements
- as required or permitted by applicable law.
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to Dudepins obtaining your prior consent for such use.
Dudepins retains personal information only as long as we are required to for our business relationship or as required by Federal or Provincial laws, subject to reasonable industry practices for records retention. Dudepins has appropriate procedures in place with respect to the destruction, deletion and disposition of personal information when it is no longer required by Dudepins, subject to applicable law.
Consent To Use Personal Information:
Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing (for example in a signed consent, e-mail or application form), or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you with the products or services desired.
There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if we must comply with a court order or regulatory demands.
Sharing Personal Information With Others
We are not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, business partners and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us. Dudepins may anonymize the information you provide to perform statistical analysis and market research which may be used by Dudepins or by other third parties.
As Dudepins continues to develop and grow, we may buy, merge, or sell parts of our business. As our businesses consist primarily of client relationships, information regarding the particular accounts or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets.
In certain circumstances, we may be required or permitted to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
We may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs or to conduct market research. Duepins does not trade or sell personal information and your contact information will not be made publicly available on the Site.
If you use our referral service to inform others about Dudepins, the information you provide to us will only be used to send an automatically-generated e-mail message. Dudepins will not use that information for any purpose other than as required or permitted by applicable law.
Keeping Information Accurate:
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of email, address, your legal name or any other circumstances. You can update this information on the Site at the Account Settings page.
Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us. Please ensure that your Account Settings information is up-to-date, correct and complete at all times.
How We Safeguard Personal Information:
At Dudepins, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
Our service providers and agents are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
If there is a dispute between you and Dudepins regarding your personal information or this Policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with Dudepins informally and to consult and negotiate with Dudepins in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution. If the dispute is not resolved through an informal process within thirty (30) days, either party may consult the Privacy Commissioner.
Depending on the location of users of the Site, information on the Site may be accessed from outside of the United States or sent to others outside of the United States.